|Live Auction Team National Championship Contest Rules|
|What is the entry fee? $99 per team|
|How many teams can I enter? 1|
|How do I enter? Enter Here|
|What is the entry deadline? 5:45pm CST Wednesday March 15, 2023|
|Prizes - Nike Wrestling Gift Cards|
|1st Place: $1000|
|2nd Place: $350|
|3rd Place: $250|
|4th Place: $150|
|5th Place: $100|
|6th Place: $75|
|7th Place: $50|
|8th Place: $25|
|*Prizes based on 33 entries|
|At check-in you will receive your teams participation package, bidding paddle, auction contest grid to track your team and bracket printouts|
- 1 Nike Wrestling T-Shirt
- 1 Pure & Clean T-Shirt
- 2 Adidas sack bags
- 1 FWNC Sling bag
- 1 Rudis Hat
- 1 Spartan Combat Beanie
- Estimated Package value $100+
|Teams will have exactly 10 wrestlers on roster and only 1 wrestler per weight class|
|Teams will bid on seeds 1-16 within each weight class. Each 1-16 seed will be drawn in a random order.|
|Each roster must not exceed the salary cap of 1000 points|
|The maximum individual bid is 1000 points|
|The minimum individual bid is 0 points|
|If you overbid you will be publicly shamed|
|Once you have successfully bid on a wrestler in a specific weight class, STOP, you can take a break and wait until the next weight class|
|If you do not win one of the 1-16 seeds you can select any wrestler from the remaining seeds 17-33. Seed 17 will be automatically assigned if you do not choose.|
|The order that weight classes are bid on will be drawn at random. All wrestlers in that weight class will be auctioned together but in random order|
|Seeds are the same as the ones assigned by the championship tournament ranking committee|
|Teams, rosters, remaining salary cap, maximum bid will be shown on TV screens at the event and available online. QR code link will be at the event.|
|Estimated Event Night Schedule|
|Time: 5:00p-6:00p Doors Open: Teams Pick Up Registration Packages & Participation Prizes|
|Time: 6:00p-6:05p National Anthem|
|Time: 6:05p-6:20p Review process & procedures, do 1 sample bid|
|Time: 6:20p-6:35p Auction Weight 1|
|Time: 6:35p-6:50p Auction Weight 2|
|Time: 6:50p-7:05p Auction Weight 3|
|Time: 7:05p-7:20p 1st Intermission|
|Time: 7:20p-7:35p Auction Weight 4|
|Time: 7:35p-7:50p Auction Weight 5|
|Time: 7:50p-8:05p Auction Weight 6|
|Time: 8:05p-8:20p Auction Weight 7|
|Time: 8:20p-8:30p 2nd Intermission|
|Time: 8:30p-8:45p Auction Weight 8|
|Time: 8:45p-9:00p Auction Weight 9|
|Time: 9:00p 9:15p Auction Weight 10|
|Time: 9:15p-9:30p Thank You and Goodbye|
|Scoring results are calculated live (within 5 minutes of match end) and can be viewed by logging into your account and clicking on Standings for your league|
|1. Scoring for each wrestler is based on the official wrestling tournament team scoring rules.|
|2. Placement Points – wrestlers earn placement points for finishing in 1st through 8th place.
- 1st place: 16 points
- 2nd place: 12 points
- 3rd place: 10 points
- 4th place: 9 points
- 5th place: 7 points
- 6th place: 6 points
- 7th place: 4 points
- 8th place: 3 points
|3. Advancement Points – wrestlers earn advancement points if they win.
- Each advancement in the championship bracket is worth 1 point
- Each advancement in the consolation bracket is worth .5 points
- If a wrestler has a bye and wins his very next match, he will earn an advancement point for the bye.
- If a wrestler has a bye and loses his very next match, he will not earn any advancement point(s).
- Each wrestler who is not in a pigtail match in either the championship or consolation bracket is considered to have received a bye since they didn’t wrestle a pigtail match. If those wrestler go on to win their first match, they will receive 2 advancement points due to the bye.
- If the losing wrestler in the championship bracket pigtail match wins his wrestleback match, he will earn an additional .5 advancement points due to a bye. This bye is not shown on the brackets due to space constraints.
|4. Bonus Points – wrestlers earn bonus points for certain types of victores.
- Each fall, forfeit, default, disqualification: 2 points
- Each tech fall (w/ near fall points): 1.5 points
- Each tech fall (w/o near fall points): 1 point
- Each major decision: 1 point
|5. Deduction Points
- If team point(s) are deducted during the tournament they will not be deducted from individual wrestlers.
- Otherwise scoring follows how the team race is scored.
|1. Each roster must have tie-breaker teams and scores selected.|
|2. In the event of a tie between two or more rosters, the winner will be determined based on the following criteria in this order
- Team Champion: The roster who has chosen the tie-breaker team champion correctly wins
- Team Champion Points: The roster with the closest team champion points (+/-) to the team champion wins regardless of if the team was chosen correctly
- Individual Champions: The roster with the most National Champions wins.
- Individual All-Americans: The roster with the most All-Americans (top 8 place finishers) wins.
- Team Runner-up: The roster who has chosen the tie-breaker team champion correctly wins
- Team Runner-up Points: The roster with the closest team champion points (+/-) to the team champion wins regardless of if the team was chosen correctly